Monday, May 19, 2008

Hello Hello

I'm trying to keep myself awake until 11PM so I can stop waking up so early. In making that attempt, I must keep busy... so blog, I will!

Today was pretty mundane. Inseon had school, then his dad wanted him to help out at his place. So he left here around 8:30AM and won't be back until 11Pm.

I spent some time this morning making calls to a few English schools who wanted me to come in for an interview when I got here. I met my friend Hana (who used to go to NYU, but is not part of the international college at Yonsei) for coffee and lunch. After we ate, she took me to see her new apartment.

While I was with Hana, I got a call from the guy I tutored in NY. (Back up... Last semester, I was tutoring a Korean guy, SungYong, in English. Although he had to return to Korea in the early spring, we made plans to meet up in Seoul and continue our meetings.) Okay, so he called. LOL! After seeing Hana's apartment, I made my way toward his office in Gangnam. We caught up and planned our meetings. He wants to introduce me to his wife and daughter (she's little, her pictures are soooo cute). He also said he wants to meet Inseon to make sure he's a good guy since none of you can do that yet! I'll let you guys know the outcome of that.

I got home around 8PM. His brother Incheon (like the airport) and his girlfriend (Jihye--I don't know how to romanize her name the legit way. JEE-HAY) were here. I was really surprised to see her because I thought they had broken up. She's really sweet and we got along well, even when I didn't get along with him so well. Her English is amazing because her mother was an English teacher. Anyway, we were chatted for awhile. I was practically falling asleep mid-sentence and she had to go home.

So... now I'm here. Trying to keep myself up.. and it's only 10:30 and I still have half an hour but I already wrote my whole day... School has corrupted my mind. Even though I know it's time that I'm trying to fill, I'm thinking in terms of space. I almost wrote, "Maybe I should go back through what I wrote and choose bigger words for the ones I already used." Oh dear... The thesaurus won't exactly help me kill time...

OOOOOHHHHHH!!!! AMANDA GRAH IS THE BEST OBSCURE VIDEO FINDER EVER!!! She found Lost for me!!!! That's what I'll do. I'll go watch Lost. I hope it isn't a scary one. Because it's late and I'm alone. Ugghh... Lost really gets my heart rate going...

No comments: