Saturday, May 17, 2008

What it's like to be back...

So, I was waiting in line to go through customs. On the other side of customs, there is a big automatic door that opens so people can leave and find the people who are coming for them. While I was in line, I saw Inseon waiting! He was exactly front and center.

Amanda and Amanda asked if the reunion was like those of the dramas that I watch. Although I did hug him and refuse to let go for a few minutes, I did not cry and noone clapped. Inseon did, however, tell me something interesting. Inseon overheard some people talking.. and apparently, because of the amount of luggage we were carrying...


And how unnaturally happy we were...


....people assumed that we were coming home from our honeymoon! So, not so dramatic as one might have imagined, but we did get a good laugh out of the experience.

Anyway, I wasn't feeling tired at all when I first got here. I was full of energy and happy and excited... then halfway through the train ride it hit me. I was ready for a nap. The second we got home, I slept for a couple hours. When I woke up, I was ready to go! Sooo we went to Namsan Tower!!


Namsan Tower is the No. 1 most romantic spot and the best place to get a great view of Seoul. I know because they go in all the dramas...!



Couples go up and put locks together and hang it off the "don't fall off" barriers.


We ate in a food court...


Then we went home because I was exhausted. Although eager to get out and enjoy Korea, apparently I was not as prepared for exploration as I thought...

3 comments:

Lill said...

The view from Namsan Tower is so much like the view from Mulholland Drive in Los Angeles, it's almost exact at night. Google it and compare and then ask your Mom about when we took her there when she visited us. Funny stuff. Glad you are enjoying the sights.

AmandaG said...

I'm so jealous! It's like being in TV... sigh. I will look forward to your updates, lady! :)

PAM said...

How great! A romantic night your first night! The view looks amazing. Your pictures are great. Keep it up! I love seeing the sights! :-)