Sunday, May 18, 2008

I can't sleep past 5AM

Is this jetlag? Or is this just me and my usual non-sleeping self?

I met up with Raven yesterday. The weather was bad and we looked like drowned rats, so no pictures were taken. Next time...

Since the weather was gross, we went to eat shabushabu. I didn't take a pic, but here's one I stole from online...


You get this plate filled with thin cuts of meat and lots of veggies, then you cook it in a big pot of boiling broth. Perfect for a gross day.

Yeah... I wish I was still sleeping.

Oh, Mom--It looks like I'm going to need my original naturalization certificate to get my alien registration card...

And for Lill--The cake had a coffee taste to it. I guess flavors are themed with decorations..! Cakes here are usually a little spongier than our standards at home. It has the spongy, chewiness of an angelfood cake, but it's way more dense. The icing is the really light kind... Not like the kind you get at most grocery store cakes (so sweet it crunches when you chew it... like gingerbread house binding). Not even as sweet as the stuff you get with boxed cakes. It's more like... er... the whipped cream kind. You know what I'm talking about? The fluffy kind?

4 comments:

PAM said...

I know the feeling! I can't sleep past 4:15- ugh.

Your shabshahung (sp?) is kind of like the Melting Pot! They give you cuts of meat and then you cook in a fondue pot! How cool! :-)

I'm slowly reading each post...

Mom said...

Hi Sweetie,
I LOVE the blog. Hearing what you are doing is great - and the pictures are wonderful! Lill's right, the view from the tower does look like the view from Mullolland drive. I love you huge bunches! XOXO - and to you too, Inseon!

Diller said...

Helloooo!! So I'm catching up now. I feel you with the sleeping... I got up at 3 am today to get from Boston to my first day of work (real job eek) on time. I'm exhausted and in that amanda schwartz over tired don't know what to do mode but not nearly as energenic. I'm having fun reading your blog keep it up!! Say hi to Inseon for me.... we will sing together soon!

Lill said...

I knew it!!! COFFEE! I almost wrote that. Thanks, I could practically taste your awesome description. Have you ever considered writing? Even when your tired it's fun to read.
Til next time.....

Lill