Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Time flies....!

This is how it looks when I'm going crazy with boredom...


This is how it looks now...! (I missed being busy.)


Monday, Inseon had to go to maintenance training for the military. He has to do this once a year for five years, then lighter training/education for a while longer.


I went to meet June for tutoring for the first time! Ironically, her office is across the street fron Inseon's school. It's good because the schedule worked out in such a way that we can leave together in the morning, then meet for lunch before I go to work. This is the view from her office. This week we didn't meet Monday because he went to that military thing..


This is what the school looks like.



I took pics of the kids so that I could learn their names faster. It actually worked. I know all of their names, although sometimes it takes a couple second to recall. Anyway... thats a lot of pics to post, so I'm going to smush them all together into a video clip then post it. I don't know when I'll be ambitious enough to do the smushing... but it will be up here when it happens.

Tuesday, I went to KBS to see the filming of that show. That looking for lost/separated family members show.


This is me with Miriam. She's another intern. She's an adoptee from France.


Going around the table, starting at the left and moving right... Hoya (GOA'L- director of birth family search), Miriam, Me, Jeffery (fiance of..), Maisha (adoptee doing a BFS), er.. I can't remember her name... wife of Lee Herick (adoptee doing BFS who happens to be an awesome poet), a volunteer/translator... Korean names are hard to retain... and another volunteer with a name I can't remember... By the end of the summer I will know their names. I promise!!!



Wednesday... Wednesday was just like Monday. There didn't seem to be enough time for variation. Anyway... maybe I'll go work on that photo smushing...

6 comments:

AJSchwartz said...

i love that thing behind the dryboard...

you mean the wall??

hahahahaha

Aunt Kathy said...

I'm continuing to be so excited to follow you around! Love the school - you know me and circles!
(And don't you just love a man in uniform?!)

sophz said...

smush! i like that word

stiles4 said...

Life is good!
He looks so cute in his uniform!!! I had to download the pic for my keychain LOL

The school looks so cool! How old are the kids you are working with? Is it a regular school, school? (I mean like Holly?)
Is June your "Tutee's" - from NYC- wife?

I checked Lee Hyrick's site, loved the Seoul poem. Awesome people you're meeting! Enjoy enjoy, enjoy!
I love you to infinity - and beyond!

Lee Herrick said...

Elly, it was so great to meet you, and I hope everything's going well. I enjoyed seeing the picture of our lunch! Take care.

PAM said...

I love this blog! Seems like you're having a great time!

Love you and miss you tons!